Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ayiyi

Hi friends. I am muy, muy excited to see yoooooou! Liz, what time does your flight get in?

Can we watch Gilmore Girls and/or Gossip Girl and/or the royal wedding? I saw the wedding on DVD for $10 at Wal-Mart... might buy for this weekend's sake. All I know is, Dr. Who is not invited to this reunion...

Last night we had a training for new volunteers for one of the programs we coordinate, it went so well. It takes so much work to recruit new volunteers, ayiyi! Worth it though.

I read Abbey's post about running and such.... it's true! You have more energy when you exercise! Can someone explain why this is so? Not a clue. Lately I've gone running on track at the HS across the street, and it is super, super awkward when a random football practice starts (they are never at the same time, I can't figure out their schedule to avoid such occurrences!) and all these high school boys gather on the track/field and just watch me run in all my sweaty, nasty glory. Usually it's when I have just a few laps left and I don't want to stop when I'm almost done. Lovely.

I helped at the Park to Park half-marathon last weekend, it was SO INSPIRING. The oldest runner out of all 1300 of them was EIGHTY-SIX YEARS OLD (he ran the 10k, but still!). One woman was running pregnant with a shirt that said "Running for Two," very sweet. I teared up more than once, especially when some groups would hold hands as they passed the finish line together. One group was running in memory of a middle-aged man who passed away last week while he was training for Park to Park.

Um, I miss having girl friends in the same city... I have exactly 3 friends who are not guys here! I don't mind so much, but I'm going to The Help with Chase tomorrow because I have no chicks to go to it with! I'm lucky Chase wants to see it, I was about to go to it myself (Liz....marry him)!

See you lovelies soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment