Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Living the Dream

Hello, lovelies! I guess I am nearly the caboose on this blogging bandwagon, huh?

When I say living the dream, I mean that I am living a surreal life without internet and cable in my apartment! How have I done this, you ask? Well, I have joined the 21st century in getting internet on my phone. In fact, yesterday I upgraded to a ridiculously fancy smart phone. I'm still not used to it, considering that my old phone was quite ancient and did not have a touch screen or a flashlight app or all these luxurious characteristics. Redbox Rental app for a phone? Ridiculous. Cool, but a tad, tad ridiculous.

I really don't miss cable, since I am much more of a bookworm than a TV couch potato. Of course, life without Teen Mom, What Not to Wear, Project Runway, HGTV, and those fabulous Amish dramas on Lifetime is a bit woeful! Most of these are online, so if I have absolutely  nothing to do at work I can watch them I suppose. Definitely wanted to get internet this week though so I can do more work from home, but it is so expensive! And all the internet places want you to sign a 2-year contract and I'll probably only be here until April....ugh. Who knows how I can pay $20 a month for internet with a 6-month contract?! That's all I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this so much to ask for? Internet and cable companies are simply robber barons.

Enough about my boring technology woes.

I'm muy excited for the Iowa State Fair this weekend. I believe 2 of the 4 readers of this blog will be gracing the fairgrounds with their presences as well! Hip hip hooray. Butter on a stick, anyone? Why not!

Also, you should all get Pinterest. I know you'd all love it and likely become addicted to it.

I suppose tomorrow I'll write about what I do all day every day in this grown-up world I've entered. (I actually can't sleep past 7:30 in the morning anymore...impressive or depressing?) Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, pobrecita! I've missed watching teen mom marathons, but being able to watch hoarders marathons whenever I want has been helping a little...I wish I were going to see you this weekend! Eat some fried butter for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least Jeopardy! is not on cable! :) and I hope you're using your local library for flicks and TV shows (yes, I just said flicks). I am muy excited to see you this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete